12.19.2012

Grow

For the past few years I have ditched traditional New Years resolutions and simply picked a word for the year. My word for 2012 was "grow". Ringing in the year 2012 pregnant with my daughter, I figured it was a fitting word. But oh, how I did grow...and not just my belly!

There are many ways that I can see where this word came in to play this year. Here are a couple:

Becoming a mother- there just aren't any words. My heart grew. I couldn't have imagined the love that I have for my little girl.

The passing of a dear friend- I just don't have the words to express my thoughts on this incredible woman. The passing of this very special person was a growing experience. She blessed my life with some experiences this year that were so, so very special. I know that I'll never be the same person. She taught me to cherish the little things, to love, to let go of petty things, to accept things that we can't change, to live with grace. She always gave me great advice, lots of laughs, the best GNOs (girls night out). She touched my life for good, she is amazing and continues to inspire me daily.

Teaching- I taught Relief Society people! Teaching adults is my greatest fear in life, I hate it...really, I do. But I did it and I lived to tell about it!

Scouts- Let me tell ya, I don't know jack about scouting. But, I was asked to be a Cub Scout leader for the Webelos and I said "yes"! It has been a learning experience for sure but I think I am starting to grow on those boys. We probably do more crafts than any other scouting organization, but that's okay!

These are just a few ways that the word grow influenced my year. I really tried hard not to say "no" to things outside of my comfort zone this year. If I was asked to do something, I went for it and tried to embrace it. I am looking forward to a new year and a new word! And speaking of new word, I've decided that CLEANSE will be my theme for the year. I am itching to organize and freshen my space, so that inspired my word choice. I am looking forward to the many ways that it will shape and mould my 2013. So bring it on!



No comments: