11.14.2011

Sugar and Spice

Little Lady's closet 48 hours after confirming that she is a girl.

We found out Thursday that we are expecting a little girl...but the Hubs and I already knew that!  It was nice to finally have confirmation that our guesses and most everyone else's guesses were correct.  For the record, only 3 people thought it was a boy and 2 of those people are my nephews that are severely outnumbered by girls in the family.   We are beyond excited about our little lady.  We were able to get several good images from the ultrasound despite her stubbornness.   Luckily, at the beginning of the ultrasound she was sitting indian style so we were able to see her "lady parts" right away.  Hubby was also relieved to see her NOT sucking her thumb.  He had already given her a pep talk about how she would have to wear braces if she did.  The 2 technicians commented about how incredibly active she is and how very stubborn she is, she has been that way since the 7 week ultrasound.  She refused to take her arms down from her face so they could get a profile shot.  They poked and prodded and she wouldn't budge.  Her heart rate was 148 this visit.
This baby has accumulated quite the wardrobe in past few days.  In fact, I hung everything up in her closet when we got back home after a weekend in the Capital City and called the Hubs in for inspection.  He looked at the clothes and then looked at me and said "this is crazy".  She is loved.

3 comments:

Emily W said...

I think the "This is crazy." sentiment is very common when the first baby is a girl. My mom started going nuts as soon as she left the hospital after the ultrasound.

Marina said...

Lookin' good!

Anonymous said...

I found your website through a random stroke of luck. It helped me do my research on this topic. I have spent lots of time looking through your site. You have something good going here, keep it up!