9.13.2011

Twelve

Well, we made it to 12 weeks!  I feel like we've really accomplished something!  I was reading my weekly pregnancy update this morning and it said that our baby is the size of a cupcake...finally baby is compared to something other than a fruit or vegetable! 

On a completely unrelated note, I lost my job.  The company I worked for has some interesting policies and so I was laid off I guess.  It's obviously not the end of the world, but I am bummed because I feel like time is going to stand still.  For now, I am enjoying the extra rest and relaxation and am planning all of the projects I want to accomplish before I blow up.  First up- clean out the nursery closet!

5 comments:

Marina said...

Yeah, that nesting fever is going to kick in, so appreciate the time that you have to act on it. I'm glad things are going well with your pregnancy. :)

mary had a... said...

sorry about your job, but hey, let's play sometime soon!??!! and of course i love the cupcake comparison..who wouldn't want a little cuppy cake in their tummy?!! ;)

Theresa said...

Sorry to hear about the job but thrilled that the little cupcake is growing strong! Sometimes God's will pushes us in a direction that we weren't planning for but will be the best in the long run. We're keeping you in our prayers!!

Theresa said...

Sorry to hear about the job but thrilled to hear the little cupcake is growing strong! Sometimes God's will puts us in a direction we weren't planning on going but turns out to be the best! We're keeping you all in our prayers!!

Mary Beth said...

congrats on making it to 12 weeks - it does seem more real when you get that far along. What a sweet way to think of a baby, a cupcake (Norah is being a cupcake for halloween)