9.26.2011

Betty Boop

I recently got to visit with my sweet Nana (a.k.a. Betty Boop).I  have been meaning to pay her a visit but it always seems to get put on the back burner.  We went with my parents to visit with her and the weather was nice enough to sit out on the patio of the place that she lives at, it was a nice day.  My niece made her a card that she loved so much that she cried.  It said "You will always be loved by us.  I love you, Munchie". 

This day was also the official start of my crying out of nowhere days...thank you pregnancy hormones!  I wanted my Hubby to get a picture of me and my Nana but I didn't think I could ask him without crying, so I didn't.  We went to visit one of her sisters that is in the same nursing home and ended up leaving after I had to excuse myself to the hallway because I was crying.  My Nana has always had a very close relationship with her 4 sisters and it's difficult to see them getting older and pulling away.

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

she's beautiful!!

(and the crying will never stop now!!!)

Connie said...

nice photo. I don't get by to see her as often as I would like myself! I was her visiting teacher for years. It is hard to watch someone we love "pulling away" (((Hugs)))