9.01.2011

Our Baby: The Model

I'm quite certain that our baby wants to be a model.  The reason behind this thinking is due to the 2 times that he/she has scared us causing emergency doctors visits for ultrasounds.  He/she has built up quite the ultrasound picture portfolio.  I have experienced spotting twice so far.  Being pregnant on the heels of a miscarriage has made us overly cautious or super paranoid...you take your pick!  In my mind I know that spotting during pregnancy can be completely normal.  I know the signs to look for in a miscarriage, but when I see blood my hormonal self goes into a downward spiral.  All of this to say that our baby is perfectly healthy.  His/her heart was beating at 150 beats per minute at 7 1/2weeks and at 171 at 9 weeks.  Our 9 week ultrasound showed a very active baby...must take after it's dad.

At 7 1/2 weeks my Dad took me to the doctor.  I was told to come in to the office ASAP so I didn't have time to wait for Hubby to get off of work to take me.  I have kept my OBGYN that I know and love in the capital city which my Dad works about 2 blocks from and he seemed like the easiest option.  I was a complete basket case that day.  When we pulled into the parking lot my Dad asked me if I would like a blessing as to which I happily agreed.  I was told in that blessing that everything would be okay and I instantly felt at peace.  Dad and I walked into the office with teary eyes and everything was perfect.

At 9 weeks my Babs took me to the doctor.  Since I waited until late in the day to call I waited until the following day to be seen.  Feeling like everything was going to be alright Hubby stayed home and went to work and Bab took me to the appointment.  Again, another ultrasound that showed a healthy baby that was quite wiggly.  Since it was a vaginal ultrasound both times I didn't have Dad come in the room but I did have Bab come in so she could see the little guy/girl.

This coming week will bring yet another appointment complete with another ultrasound so that we can see our little raspberry as we lovingly call him/her.  We both insist that it's a girl, if it turns out to be a boy I guess we'll have to come up with a more masculine nickname.

4 comments:

Nivette said...

Don't worry, I know exactly how you feel. Had a miscarriage before Ellerie, and then had spotting with both Ellerie and Bennett. It's the LAST thing you want to discover! Glad everything is progressing nicely :)

House of Squitty said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one. It is nerve wracking but hopefully it will be smoothe sailing from here on out.

Emily W said...

Not sure if you've read any of my pregnancy posts, but I had spotting from 6 to 12 weeks. Definitely not fun and sorry you had to go through that! It is nice to get the ultrasounds though. I had 5 by 12 weeks but it has made waiting until 24 weeks for another one super hard. I was spoiled! I hope everything is great from here on out!

Mary Beth said...

yep, i'm agreeing with the other ladies!!! after 2 miscarriages (before child #1 and before child#2) child #3 scarred the mess out of me when i spotted - but i got some bed rest which was fabulous!!!