6.12.2011

Climbing the Ladder

This week my Hubby was asked to take a position as a lead engineer.  I am so happy for him, he has worked really hard and I think he deserves it.  Of course, this means working longer hours and I'm sure there will be more stress but we are both grateful that he has been given the opportunity. 

We got our new HVAC unit installed this past Thursday...hallelujah!  It's hot where we live and being without it for 4 days makes me appreciate it more.  Of course, nobody should feel bad for us because we had a window unit while we waited our turn for a new one.  We tried to find the humor while being limited to our bedroom where the window unit was located.  We laughed at ourselves one night when we had dinner spread out all over our bed as we sat on our small couch in our master bedroom to eat.  I wore my hair curly all week because there was no way in heck I was bringing out a hot tool to tame the tiger!

The countertop that will finally complete the kitchen remodel is being made as we speak.  We hope that it will be delivered this week so we can wrap this up.  I was really impressed with the way Lowe's handled the situation, they have been really good to us.

We went to the shooting range with a group of friends on Thursday.  One of the people we went with had a grouping that looked like a paw print, what are the odds?!  We went to the dirt track on Friday night with Hubby's work friends.  Hubby used to go when he was a kid but I had never been to such a thing.  It was much more fun than I anticipated and much less dirty than I originally thought.  I will admit to reading a People magazine while the cars were qualifying...that was lame!  Saturday was spent with our Horse Country Shell and her parents that were in town for a visit. We kind of claim her parents as our own, they're pretty adorable!  We went to church today...I bet nobody saw that coming!  I had a cub scout meeting directly after church.  (the leadership position that I hold at church has me overseeing the cub scouts as part of my responsibilities)  We came home and grilled out and have been resting up for the week ahead!

Hubby and I at the dirt track
***It was brought to my attention that trying to comment on my blog posts was next to impossible.  I have had issues commenting on others blogs recently and I don't know what the deal is.  I changed some settings around so comment away!  If you are still having issues please let me know.  Thanks!

No comments: