6.02.2011

Lava Hot

Today I decided to order some Indian cuisine for lunch.  I ordered my usual and went to pick it up a few minutes later.  I frequent this particular restaurant and the owner always knows when I order because I always make a special request for plain yogurt with me meal.  When I got up to the bar to pay, the owner came out and said "you know that the bhel is hot, right?" and I reminded him that I order it all of the time.  I came home and opened her up and.....hot doesn't even begin to describe!  I told Hubby later today that I thought I was going to have a panic attack because I thought my mouth was on fire for a few seconds.  The yogurt didn't even help cool it down.

The moral of the story is: When you order your food specify MILD (even when you think you like spicy food...that level of heat is just pointless). When the owner asks you if you are aware of such heat...he means it!  It was REALLY delicious though.

1 comment:

Eva said...

i always order mild if I'm getting a food that is traditionally spicy. I'm a wimp with spice, usually :P

http://bottleblack.blogspot.com