2.26.2012

Lo's Nursery Reveal

Well, here it is.  The projects have been completed and we are feeling ready to bring our baby girl home.  We still have a while to go though!

First off we have the rocking chair corner.  The rocker was the first baby gift we received, compliments of the Hubby's parentals.  The ottoman is something that my father-in-law made for us soon after we were married.  It was honey colored and covered in burgundy fabric so we gave it a face lift with matte black paint and new fabric.  The side table was made by Mr. D.  It holds itself together with no glue or screws, it's pretty dang cool.


 The bedding was made by my Mom.  She is obviously extremely talented.  I have yet to put on the crib skirt, but we have one!
Revisiting the rocking chair corner- I kept seeing these "gutter shelves" on Pinterest and fell in love.  The Hubs made these in a flash.  I love the flexibility of being able to switch up what is on display.  He loved that the stuff won't be a falling hazard for the baby, it's a win-win situation.  And, don't miss the little shelf that is at baby girl's reach for her board books or toys.
 The changing table was purchased with a bed and side table from a friend over a year ago.  We thought we would paint the whole thing some funky color but then we saw the idea of just painting the top on a couple of home decor blogs and loved the look.  I initially thought that I would change out the hardware but I just love how it looks.  Hubby used auto body paint for the white so it should hold up fairly well.  The changing pad cover, by my Mom again.  The large painting was done by me, Hubby has named it "The Gay Zebra".  The basket on the top was something my sis insisted I have for diapers and wipes.  And, to the left is the closet.  I nixed the bi-fold door and did curtains on a rod instead, so much easier!
The crib- it's navy, it photographs black...we love the clean lines.
 The collage of round mirrors add pizazz without adding too much color.  I didn't want anything competing with the fabulous crib bedding.
Last but not least- a pink chandelier.  No little girls room is complete without one! 
Credits:
Crib- Modena 3 in 1 crib from Wal-Mart
Fabric- Roco Beat from Hobby Lobby
Rocking Chair- TJ Maxx
Chandelier- purchased from ReStore and painted Watermelon
Round mirrors- Target
Diaper basket- Michael's
Rocking chair pillow- TJ Maxx
Curtains- Mia grommet top panels from Hobby Lobby
Curtain rods- Lowe's
Stuff to make gutter shelves- from Lowe's

3 comments:

Emily W said...

Love it! Everything is so cute and stylish! Lo is a lucky girl! And you will be glad you have a diaper basket. We have one upstairs and downstairs in the den. So convenient and useful!

mary had a... said...

LOVE it! what an exciting post here! i love her reading nook and i really love your gay zebra work too! can't wait to meet miss lo!

Mary Beth said...

you HAVE to put this in some type of magazine contest. It's so absolutely perfect. I just might ask you to design my next child's room!