2.11.2012

The Shower

Well, the shower of the century was held a week ago.  It's been a whole week and I just got done washing clothes up to 6 months...we have clothes all the way up to 3T so I've got a ways to go.  The shower was awesome.  My family and friends truly outdid themselves and it showed.  The theme was "She's Ready To Pop" so there were lots of poppies, popcorn, and other pop related food items.  We had baby fruit pizzas, poppy seed salad, ham delights, caprese pops, fruit bouquets, mini chocolate brownie trifles, spinach dip and much more.

The day before the shower my sister and sister-in-law went and deep cleaned my parents house, rearranged furniture and got the kitchen cleared out and ready to go for food prep.  The evening before the shower my sister, BFF Heath, Hubby and I set out decorations and attempted brownie pops...epic fail!  Heath left after midnight and the rest of us had a big sleepover at my parents house.
Heath is ballin'!  The master of the tulle balls and photographer extraordinaire the night before the shower.
 The morning of the shower we woke up early to get ourselves showered and primped for the big day.  Everyone came early to eat breakfast together and to start getting all of the food items prepped and plated.
Making lemonade out of lemons, well...trifles out of failed brownie pops.
Meanwhile, the nieces tried their very best to help but there wasn't much that little girls could do.  They finally all decided to go outside to play and later came in to do a trial run of bringing me presents like it was a relay race.
Kiki showing off the shower outfit that all 4 of my nieces wore.
They also did a little quality control with the popcorn bar.  We had all kinds of gourmet popcorn that included peanut butter and chocolate, caramel, cheddar, butter and the crowd favorite "pinkalicious".  It was a fruity popcorn that was hot pink to go with the pink, yellow and orange color scheme.
Lou helping herself to the popcorn bar.

Then before we knew it, it was time to get the party started.  People started coming by about 30 minutes prior to the start of the shower to drop off gifts.  I think someone said that there was about 50 people in attendance.  All I know is, there were a ton of people!  I tried to speak with everyone, but with only 2 hours to do it in I'm sure I failed.  I was able to mingle for about 30 minutes before present opening, then I did the present thing for an hour and a half.
Munchie and I posing with the "baby prom dress" that she picked out especially for Miss Lo.
 All of the nieces and nephews picked out and wrapped present for our little lady.  Kiki and Lou gave her a precious lady bug ensemble from Gymboree, E and J Man gave her toys, Munch gave her the baby prom dress and Gigi gave her a faux fur blanket.

Hair bow jail!  An amazingly talented woman made all of these for my girl...love it!
 We got so many awesome gifts but this is one of my favorites...look at all of the hair accessories!  Aside from these I think we were gifted at least 30 headbands.  She will definitely be well dressed.
Custom nursery bedding made by my Mom.

My Mom is an amazingly talented seamstress. Not only does she sew but she also smocks.  She made all of the bedding for Lo's nursery.  This is the quilt and the bumper pads that she made.  I will post pictures of the nursery soon.
This picture cracks me up, it was taken after all of the guests had gone.  Check out my ankle socks!
Me, Babs and Nell.  I am exhausted just thinking about all of the hard work that these ladies put in to the shower.  Hubby and I feel so loved. We are continually amazed by the outpouring of love for our little girl.  She has so many people that are anxiously anticipating her arrival.  And when she gets here, we will change her clothes 10 times a day so we can get good use out of all of the outfits!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I just adore the theme of the shower and all the "pop" related food and decor. Such a good idea! I might have to steal that one in the future... :)

Heath said...

Glad the shower was a poppin' success!