3.02.2012

Going Ons

Life lately has been mostly appointments (OB, chiropractic, etc.) for me and work for the Hubs.  In between those things, this is what we've been doing-
Making this house feel more like home.  It's amazing what a little tweaking here and there will do.  And, my ponytail palm that I purchased weeks ago and have yet to transplant into it's pot.
 Giving myself a pedicure, I'm not sure why this felt like such a success for me...but it did.  I guess after years of giving ladies their pre-labor pedis because they couldn't reach their own feet, it felt like a triumph.  For the record, Hubby offered to do it himself but I'm a bit of a perfectionist.
 Tweaking some rooms has left the guest bedroom in shambles.  It is the place for all rejects at this point.  My sis was taking a large piece of furniture from us to use in her boys room but couldn't fit it in her vehicle.  This is the explosion of stuff that came from that.  Then, don't miss the bed frame that is up for grabs...need one?  And, the bin of Christmas stuff that has been forgotten more times than I would like to admit.
 A friend of mine that was due around the same time as me had her baby last week which lit a fire under me for packing the hospital bag.  Said fire has since been extinguished because I didn't make it very far on my list of things to pack!  But, while taking this picture I realized that the strap on this old duffel bag looks like it's about to rip off so we'll need to do a little switcheroo.
 Completed this bulletin board for the nursery.  The frame was a matte brass color and used to house a mirror that has long been broken.  I spray painted this guy in a high gloss gray and hubs upholstered the board in some leftover fabric from the babies bedding.  This will be a prime place for all of the little drawings and cards that I anticipate from Lo's 4 girl cousins.
 Getting packages delivered, all for baby...of course!  We got her first hot rod the other day from Lo's favorite great Aunt and Uncle.  Hubby loves this thing, but that should go without saying.
 Hubby told me last night that I am a baby vessel, I guess that's pretty accurate to say these days.  This baby is growing like a weed and my ribs don't appreciate it!
 Enjoying Nana's camellias, and so are the bees.
Putting together baby paraphernalia.  Our house really does look like a Babies R Us for the time being.  

We are looking forward to a church social tonight, a laid back Saturday complete with a double date in the evening and a Sunday of churching and resting.

2 comments:

Emily W said...

I hate to tell you this, but you better get used to feeling like a babies r us! Cory says it looks like 10 babies live here, LJ has so much stuff! :) Also, our guest bedroom currently looks about 10 times worse than yours and we have lived here for 2 years! ah!

Mary Beth said...

love all your normal day to day pictures!!!