3.11.2012

37 Weeks and Showered With Diapers

Well, here we are 37 weeks in.  At my appointment this week my doctor seemed alarmed at how big I was measuring.  Let's keep in mind that I have always measured 2 weeks small so this was quite a shock to hear.  I mean, my ribs have been feeling it but I'm a pretty small package to be carrying a baby anyhow.  The doctor sent me to ultrasound where we found out that our little lady is:
*Breech
*Big headed
*Weighing 7 lbs. 8 oz. according to the ultrasound tech, the doctor thinks she's at least 8 lbs.
*Stubborn, she refused to take her hands down from her face for a picture.
*Super Active- every technician has commented on how active this girl is.

So, it has been decided that a cesarean is the way to go and I can't say that I disagree.  I have felt like I would end up going the c-section route the entire pregnancy and was honestly relieved when the doctors suggested it.  I have a lot of factors working against me to go the other route.
 The new ward (church) that we are attending so generously offered to throw me a baby shower.  Since we have been so abundantly showered with gifts of every kind I asked that it be a diapers and wipes shower.  Up until the shower we had only been gifted one pack of diapers and one pack of wipes so we needed them.
 Here is a shot of the spread...well, some of it.  These ladies here really know how to throw a party.  Everything was beautiful.
 How precious are the napkins that were handmade for the shower?  I have never seen so much effort put in to a napkin before.
 We played some games, games that involved candy...you can't go wrong!
And at the end of the night this is some of the loot that I ended up with.  I am still overwhelmed by the generosity of so many people that barely know me.  We are loved!

No comments: