3.29.2012

One Week

Well, it's been a whole week since we welcomed our baby girl into the world. I cannot believe how fast the week flew by and how much happened in that short amount of time.

We were released from the hospital ion Friday and couldn't have been happier to be going home with our little bundle. My fabulous sister came and stayed with us until Tuesday...what a lifesaver! As it turns out, recovering from surgery (c-section) and caring for a new baby/tending to a house is hard work and I'm glad she was here to fill in where necessary.

Every day I feel better and better. My incision is healing quickly and I am grateful or that. I have mostly stopped taking pain medication at this point with the exception of ibuprofen and am slowly regaining feeling in my abdomen from where my nerves were cut. I am moving around with ease and can even do things that I once thought would be impossible like- laying on my side, sitting Indian style, touching my toes, showering solo.

I finally feel like a mom to this little girl. If I had to pinpoint it to a single moment I would say that it happened in Saturday night/early Sunday morning. I had just given Lo a bottle and was holding her trying to get her settled while my engorged boobs were wrapped up in cabbage leaves and had ice packs in my bra, I was washing bottles while sterilizing nipples and I thought- I'm a mom. This is what a Mom does.

I have finally stopped sweating- thank you hormones! But, seem to have entered the weepy phase. I just know that I can't read or watch anything remotely sad right now because it'll hit me quick! Also, my husband being his normal sweet self telling me he loves me or that I'm doing a good job makes me cry at lightning speed. Oh the joy!

Hubby is back at work and maintaining a normal schedule. He is such a good daddy to our little girl and I couldn't ask for a better partner in life. He is changing diapers like a pro and can burp our girl like a champ. His daughter knows her Daddy and looks for him anytime he is home.

As for Lo, she lost 5 ounces before leaving the hospital but regained those plus an additional ounce by Monday. She had her follow up at the pediatrician Monday and checked out healthy. She doesn't have to go back in for another month. She is eating well and doesn't seem to have any stomach problems or reflux. She is sleeping better at night these days, I think she had her nights and days a little mixed up the first few days. She is the center of our universe.

1 comment:

Marina said...

Precious! I'm glad all is going well!