7.21.2011

The End Of An Era

I was released from my position in the primary presidency in my ward about a week ago.  It felt weird to attend Sunday School with my husband for the first time in a very long time and then to sit in Relief Society with all of the women.  This presidency that I served in was very different than the last one that I was in.  I made lasting friendships with the last 2 ladies that I served with because we went through some rough times together.  I felt a little more detached from the ladies in my last gig mostly because we were new to the ward and I still felt awkward and was in the whole adjusting phase.  I don't feel like I contributed very much to the primary other than filling in for a teacher, wrangling kids and teaching sharing time a few times a year.  But, I  feel like I did all that I was asked to do and I guess that's okay.

What I took away from this calling: I feel like I learned to value and love each individual child as they have very different personalities and very different needs.  I also feel like I was a little more laid back this go round than last which was a nice lesson learned...or just age!  I also got to experience a very involved and supportive bishopric and stake leadership which was/is fabulous. Being in the same ward as the stake president and the stake primary president has it's perks! And lastly, since we were brand new when I accepted this call, I was able to learn peoples names and family connections through the children.

Of course, I have already been asked and accepted a new calling at church and will be sustained this Sunday.  To Be Continued...

3 comments:

Liz Ann said...

Thats so crazy. I just got a call from my bishopric saying I had a new calling and will be meeting with them soon. I don't know what it is yet, but I'm nervous. Eek

Marina said...

Change is good. We learn so much as we serve in different capacities. God bless...

Cindy said...

You were so awesome in Primary! I cant' wait to hear what your new calling is!