5.13.2012

Mother's Day 2012

We had a wonderful Mother's Day this year.  People kept congratulating me on my first "official" Mother's Day.  Hubby got me a beautiful silver necklace with Lo's Monogram on the front and her birth date on the back which was such a sweet sentiment. I know that he put a lot of thought into the gift, and it is something I'll treasure and someday pass on to my baby girl.  We also got flowers, chocolates, cookies and muffins at church.  And to end off the day, a steak and crab leg dinner with the fam.


I was thinking about a few women in my life today that haven't had the opportunity to have children, knowing all too well that this is a difficult day for them and so many other women.  I remember Mother's Day last year being especially tough since it was on the heels of my miscarriage.  I was away from my family that day and was reminded over and over and over again that I wasn't a "real" mother.  People kept commenting at church about how I had no children or said things like "one day you'll be a mother".  I knew that they meant well and none of them had a clue that I had just suffered a great loss, but their words still stung.

My heart goes out to all of the women out there that have lost babies, are waiting to adopt or struggling with infertility. I truly believe that all women are mother's in some way- we mother our nieces and nephews, kids in the neighborhood, little ones at church. So to every woman out there I say- Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

TheresaSelzer said...

Glad you had a nice 1st Mother's Day! Thanks for sharing the last part too. Mother's day is difficult for me but it helps to have other people understand.

Heath said...

Beautiful post, bff.