5.31.2012

Nana's Birthday

Bab, myself, and the kidlets all went and celebrated with Nana at the nursing home for her 83rd birthday.  She was having such a good day today too which was so nice to see.  She laughed and talked the whole time we were there.  Aunt Ri threw her a big party in the dining hall with all of the residents...we even sang happy birthday to her twice.
 Waiting for the party to start- the kids entertained themselves by using E's fake mustache as a uni-brow, mustache and beard on Lo.

 Reading a card aloud all by herself!  The kids "helped" her the whole time, they were so sweet.


 One of the only shots I have of Bab...why didn't I get some of her with Nana and her kids?  I could kick myself!  And since this isn't the most flattering picture of her...I'll add one of myself-
Me having a laughing fit. Bab was taking pictures with my camera that has a super bright flash, I'm pretty sure this one elderly resident thought that she was being struck by lightening every time the flash went off.  Bless her heart!

3 comments:

Heath said...

I'm so happy that you got to go for her birthday. It looks like it was a great day!

mary had a... said...

it's just like you... to try to blind the elderly with your flash...hahah kidding! ;) but seriously what sweet moments!

State of Grace said...

umm...that first picture of Lola had me cracking up!! I can totally see the Del Priore kiddos doing that to her!! haha