6.09.2012

Touch

Lo sleeps great at night.  She usually goes to bed around 9:30 and then wakes around 7:00 so I can't complain at all.  She does not like to sleep during the day even though she obviously gets tired.  She needs it to be as dark as possible and then she likes to fall asleep touching someone.  Most of the time all she needs is to hold on to your finger or something.  Every time she does this it makes me think of this poem that my Grandma monogrammed for my Grandpa Charles as his wedding gift-
 It reads:

What matters most,
If I may boast
About the things we share
Is nothing much
But to feel your touch
And know you're really there.

I love that all she needs is just something as small as a finger to hold on to.  It's just that she needs to know that someone is there. She is so,so sweet.

I have no earthly idea who wrote this poem, but it's one of my treasured possessions that I have of my grandparents (other than her gigantic diamond that I inherited) and I think of it often.  It doesn't go with the decor of my home at all, in fact it's usually in a closet or banished to the guest room.  I struggle with weather or  not to re-mat and frame it so that it's updated and proudly displayed so that I can appreciate it or to leave it exactly the way it is.

1 comment:

mary had a... said...

personally i would leave it, it's beautiful and so special! possibly it will choose it's space sometime soon and you can choose decor to compliment it. i love to decorate with things i LOVE. that's my opinion ;)