6.18.2012

Fathers Day 2012

This was a very special Fathers Day indeed. It was Robert's first official time celebrating and we tried to do it right! He got miscellaneous fun paraphernalia, some clothes, the Sleep Book by Dr. Seuss (it's sentimental) and I took pics of our little Lo with her holding the letters D-A-D and had it framed.

We stayed at my parents the night before to go to church with them because my Dad was speaking to the congregation. I made everyone stuffed French toast and even brought it to the Hubs in bed. Little Miss slept for 12 hours straight...talk about a good present! Then I was taking a bath with Lo before church and when Hubby came in to get her out she gave him her first ever giggle. The girl definitely knows how to make a guy feel special!

We had a good service at church and the Hubs was treated to "Doughnuts for Dads" afterwards.

Later we ate dinner with the fam at my parents. We had steak, Mac and cheese, salad, grilled squash and zucchini, corn in the cob and homemade yeast rolls with homemade jam. I made a diabetic coma style peanut butter chocolate pie. It was divine, but made the soda that we washed it down with seen like water...it was rich!

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful Dad, I truly couldn't ask for better. He's funny, loyal, sensitive and every other fine characteristic you would want in a man.

It goes without saying how great the Hubs is with his daughter, she absolutely adores him. She lights up when she sees or hears him and she looks exactly like him. We are very lucky girls!

No comments: