10.21.2012

Color Me Rad

I had the fabulous opportunity to participate in a 5K this weekend, it was so much fun!  Seriously,if it comes close to home again I would love to go time and time again.  Basically, you get "bombed" with color throughout the course.  Some bombing stations were dry and others were wet, you start with a clean slate and end up doused in color.

My BFF (if ya know what I mean) got the crazy idea to do it and invited/forced people to do it with her.  There ended up being 6 of us, our team name was Color Theory so we all dressed as part of the good ole ROYGBV. (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet for those of you who don't speak color wheel!)  Somehow, we never got in order for the pictures!
Before and After

The aftermath

Glamour Shot!

BFFs before the 5K

4 out of 6 at the start line
In the beginning it was uphill and I was thinking "what did I just get myself into", but then it leveled out.  All of my "training" has been just walking/jogging around my neighborhood with Lo.  Very laid back, but I do around 2 miles many times a week, sometimes twice a day.  What I didn't take into consideration was that my neighborhood is completely flat.  At the very end there was a super steep climb, but you could get through it because you knew it was almost over. There were tons of families out there with young children, it was very family friendly.  All in all, it was an absolute blast to be at!

No comments: