7.16.2012

Big Girl Class

Well, I think I might officially be an adult now!  What caused this big change?  I taught adults at church, which means that I have conquered my greatest fear of all time.  I know it probably sounds crazy, but I have always been intimidated at the thought of teaching adults. Babies, kids, teenagers?  Piece of cake!  Adults?  Instant panic attack! 

All week long I kept getting the nagging feeling like I was going to be asked to give a talk in church.  Those also make me super nervous, but I have been there and done that.  So, when the president of the women's organization at church called me late Friday afternoon and said that she needed a substitute at the last minute I accepted the challenge.  I used Friday as my freak out day and then Saturday morning I planned and wrote my lesson in no time.  Dare I say that I felt fine?!

Sunday morning came and the Hubs and I were dressed for church.  I got Lo's ensemble out to put on her, Hubby brought her into the nursery to get dressed and as soon as he put her down he looked green.  Then he ran to the bathroom where violent vomiting ensued.  Hmmm, so now the Hubs is down for the count...what's a girl to do?  I called my mother whom was running late to her own church service and she came to church with me so that I didn't have to bounce my baby on my hip while giving a lesson.  Okay, there would have been plenty of eager women wanting to hold Lo, but the last thing I wanted was an inconsolable baby with a strange new person.  Needless to say, all went well.  There was a lot of class participation which was greatly appreciated.  I had a page and a half of information that I didn't get to cover and that was my ideal situation.  Bottom line?  Greatest fear = CONQUERED!

2 comments:

Heath said...

Way to go Tiffy!
Btw, what was going on with the Mister?

Connie said...

Way to Go...I bet it was an awesome lesson too! I always take chocolate when I teach Relief Society LOL :)