8.14.2012

Punky Takes Ohio

Our little family and my parents took a little road trip to visit Hubby's side of the family in the buckeye state.  It had been far too long since the Hubs and I made the haul up the road to visit so we were happy to see everyone.  Some of the trip highlights included-
 Punky meeting her paternal "Grandpa" for the very first time.
 Hanging out with Uncle Neal.
 Getting the grand tour from Aunt Fran and meeting Gweny the cat.
Apparently meeting the man of her dreams. Seriously, this kid couldn't get enough of her cousin Kevin...I think I'm going to have to get a poster to put above her crib of his face!
 Amish Country- a pretty gazebo outside one of the shops.
 Browsing the Amish furniture and finding this huge chair to pose the little one in.
 The reason for visiting Amish Country- Heini's cheese!  I've got my freshly made baby swiss and parmesan in the fridge to prove it.
 A shot of one of the farms.  It really is a beautiful place...maybe it was because it was 70 degrees there as opposed to 100 degrees back here at home?!  I told the Hubs that next time we're bringing a tripod and taking some family pictures in the pastures up there.
 We had a family reunion with the family.  It was nice to visit with all of his aunts, uncles and cousins.  We wish that we could see them more often and have vowed to do better.
 Theresa loves s'mores as much as I do! That was some exciting news to me.  She and Kevin brought their fire pit so we could make some delectable s'mores that night.
And, while being cooped up in a car for a total of 24 hours over the span of a few days...the girl has decided that doing tricks with her tongue is where it's at!  Hours of fun, never gets old.

1 comment:

TheresaSelzer said...

We loved meeting little Lola and of course we always love having you visit. I loved meeting your parents. They are such nice people :) Can't wait to see you all again! And if you need a video of Kevin-let us know..LOL