3.20.2013

Lo's 1st Birthday

Punky pie, on your first birthday you had to go to the doctor. It was terrible! You had to have blood work done to check for lead poisoning, they pricked your heel and squeezed the day lights out of your tiny little foot to get enough blood for the lab. It was horrible and the closest to crying I have been with these types of things. Then you got 2 shots, the chicken pox vaccine and MMR vaccine...you pretty much hated the world at that point.

When we left the doctor I thought you would fall asleep in the car but you were too mad. I called your Gramma to see if she wanted to come with us for a few errands I needed to run by her house and figured she would like to see you. I realized you were asleep as soon as I got off the phone, but it was too late! You slept in the car with Gramma while I ran in and out of stores. Then we took you to lunch.

Shirley came over once we got home and brought you a bunny that sings Jesus Loves Me and a card. You got a birthday delivery from Grandpa S- clothes and toys that he mailed from Ohio.

When Daddy came home we worked on getting our house in order for your party. But the highlight of your day is when we gave you a cupcake I demolish all by yourself. You did a really good job with that and got mad when we put you in the tub. You were still trying to eat icing out of your little hands before they got wet in the bath! I sure do love you.

No comments: