4.12.2012

Easter 2012

We had a really good Easter weekend. First, we celebrated Hubby's birthday on Saturday by having a barbecue with the fam. We had BBQ, collards, sweet potato soufflé, mac and cheese and chocolate ganache cake for dessert...all of Hubby's favorites! He, my Dad and the nieces and nephews had a nice day outdoors fishing and boating in the lake behind my parents house. I kept Babs company indoors while she cooked up the birthday feast. Later that day we went gun shopping and then to dinner at our favorite Greek place with some friends.

On Sunday we woke up to a home cooked breakfast by my Dad (we stayed at their place Saturday night). Then we all got on our Sunday best and headed out to church. This was Lo's first time at church so we only stayed for the first hour. It was a beautiful service, one of our dear friends (Kelc) gave a powerful talk about the Saviour and we were so glad that we went. We visited with friends after the service for awhile and then went back to my parents for lunch. Later that evening we went to Jas and Nell's for Easter dinner. We had a feast! Nell worked so hard at making everything perfect from the food to the decor. We had a wonderful time!

I should also mention that Miss Lo has so many dresses that I brought 3 outfit changes for Sunday...I ended up only doing 2 because one dress was still a little too big.

No comments: