12.28.2011

The Big Move

Well, we got all moved in but boy was it a crazy few days!  I don't suggest moving the week of Christmas and I also would advise against moving while pregnant, the hormones were a little out of control.  After the movers packed and loaded all of our belongings we were left in an empty house.  Bab and her fabulous friend came and helped clean the house.  The only problem?  The movers took all of my cleaning supplies and vacuum.  We decided to go get some mexican food before we got started!  So with what supplies Bab brought and our shop vac that we planned on trashing we cleaned the house.  It wasn't bad but it was raining the whole day of the move so the floors were kind of yucky.  Just as we were finishing up the house in the sunroom my beloved potted plant fell over leaving a huge potting soil mess, that didn't make us too terribly happy.

It was getting late and Hubby still had a half day of work ahead of him the next day and I had to wake at the crack of dawn to get to the new place to let the movers in.  We left our beloved home but not without some tears shed like to babbling idiots in the driveway.  We spent the night at our dear friend Shell's house.  She and her new beau provided some much needed comic relief.  They were very understanding of my still blood shot eyes and my pregnancy hormones. 

Thursday morning Hubs and I left Shell's home- he went to work and I came to the new place.  Since the home kind of smelled like a dog to me the week before the carpets were cleaned, deodorized and given an enzyme treatment.  The only catch?  The electric wasn't turned on until late Wednesday night so the carpet cleaner had to come Thursday morning.  There was an overlap where he was still cleaning carpets and the movers were trying to bring in our stuff.  The movers probably hated me that morning but there was going to be no dog smell in our home!  After they unloaded us Dad and Munchie (who came to help me) and myself started trying to organize the chaos.  Hubby was at the new place by 1:30 and he was followed by Mom...with all of us we divided and conquered. 

Around 3:30 Friday morning I woke up to pee and noticed that I was standing on a wet floor...plumbing leak!  Later that day Hubby went out to the storage room where the water heater is to grab some tools that we put in there and he was standing in water too...good times!  After some do it yourself work gone wrong a plumber was called in and all was fixed within an hour.  Friday brought a whole lot of organizing and cleaning and Jas and Lou for a visit to see the place

It has now been almost a week and we finally got the last boxes unpacked today.  Old lady curtains have been removed , old ceiling fans have been taken down and donated...we are trying to put our own stamp on this place.  We'll get there!

No comments: