1.01.2012

New Years Eve

We rang in the new year at Bab and Roc's house. We started the day out by making cake pops which Babs dubbed a success...I'm still a little skeptical about calling it a success.

Proud of her accomplishment, this was not her first time at the cake pop rodeo...I guess all other attempts prior to this one were major fails!
This picture below of the arrangement of cake balls illustrates why I don't think it can be called a success.  It was a group effort though- me, Hubs and Bab.
I lovingly referred to this as the NKOTB (New Kid On The Block) cake pop display because all of the pops kept touching, causing the candy coating to create "rat tails".
We enjoyed visiting with friends and family, watching guests play Just Dance 3 on the Wii, good food, lots of laughs and an amazing fireworks display by Roc.  Of course, like many holidays, I realized after we got home that we had no pictures of us at the celebration.  This is us, in our pajamas about to turn in for the night.  But at least I got our picture!  My Hubby sure is a good sport.  It should also be said that we were driving home when the clock struck midnight so we didn't get our New Years kiss in until about 12:04...safety first!
Me and my man.

2 comments:

Emily W said...

Y'all are brave for doing cake pops! I only did cake balls for our Christmas and that was difficult enough! And super messy!

State of Grace said...

NKOTB reference totally made me laugh! Gotta love those rat tails! haha