1.30.2012

One Lucky Girl

So, remember how I was on the prowl for the perfect Mom bag? I didn't like any diaper bags I saw except for ones that went above my price range...curse my practicality! I was really trying to find a big purse that had good pockets and some pizzazz but wasn't having much success. Fast forward to this Saturday. One of my girlfriends has a friend that had a baby girl last February. (Did you follow that?!) She was going through her baby stuff to get rid of what wasn't sentimental and my friend suggested that I go check it out. So, we went and picked out a few outfits and other baby gear that we couldn't live without. All of the stuff was in perfect condition, much of it with the tags still on. Before leaving the woman asked if we wanted to check out the stuff in the basement...but it was mostly boy stuff. We figured, why not! She opened an armoire that she had the clothes in and I heard a choir of angels sing as I saw the Kate Spade diaper bag that I had been lusting over but couldn't get over the $300+ price tag. I mean, I'm not crazy...I know what kind of stuff is going to go down in that bag! She had forgotten about the bag, she bought it and never used it. She asked me if I was interested in it and I tried to wipe the cheesy grin off my face as I told her I was. $50 later and I am the proud owner of the mom bag of my dreams. Thanks to my girl Mare for the hook up!

3 comments:

mary had a... said...

ok...maybe i am attached...it reminds me of a sweet newborn almost like my own...i like to call it, or i hope, the sisterhood of the traveling baby bag ;)

House of Squitty said...

LOL, sisterhood of the traveling baby bag! You know I'll send it your way...now just go work on getting yourself knocked up! ;)

Heather said...

Love that bag!